Tis the season to be jolly! And eat your weight in food!
I’m in love with this healthier version of mince pies!!!
Definitely going to give them a go ready to leave out for santa
- 100g of raisins
- 100g of cranberries
- 100g of sultanas
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 oranges
- tsp of vanilla bean paste/extract
Mince Pie Cups:
- 250g of almond flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
• Juice the oranges and place in a saucepan.
• Chop the apple into little pieces and place in the saucepan with raisins, sultanas, cranberries, vanilla, 1/2 tsp of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
• Mix the almond flour with the coconut sugar, 1tsp of cinnamon, coconut oil and egg and combine until a dough forms.
• Turn oven on at 160C.
• Grease some cupcake tins with coconut oil ready to place the almond flour dough.
• Place a tbsp of dough into each cupcake mould and mould into a cup shape ready to place your mincemeat in the middle. Add 1 tbsp of mincemeat into each cup.
• With the left over dough, roll out and then cut out circles that are big enough to cover the top of the cups and place on top.
• Place in the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes
Who’s been busy carving pumpkins over the weekend?
I was busy dressing up for Halloween parties instead!
What do you think of my costume?Wednesday from the Addams Family!
I have to say, being dark haired and quite pale, I didn’t have to do much, but hey I think I pulled it off!
Throw some skeletons and dead servicewomen in the mix and you’ve got a death squad.
Happy Thanksgiving to all those over the pond!
I’m aware that it’s an American celebration but thank you for bringing Black Friday to the UK so that I can take advantage of lots of cheap deals!
I have decided to post 5 things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful for having the most amazing family I could ever ask for. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them. I come from such a grounded and loving home which I’ve realised as i get older, is not as common as I once thought. I am most thankful for this.
2. I am thankful to live in a country where women have a voice and a choice. The Suffragettes film released this year really bought this home for me!
3. I am thankful to have the freedom and opportunity to do things, like embark on the journey of a lifetime (on Monday ahh!)
4. I am thankful to wake up everyday happy and (almost) healthy.
5. I am thankful for knowing and meeting good, nice people. They give me the hope and appreciation of life in this world that I sometimes struggle to see in the daily news
What are you all thankful for?