Wishing all my bloggers, readers, friends and followers a very merry Christmas! I hope your day was filled with good food, great company and loved ones!
Here’s a few snaps of my crazy Christmas 🎅🏻
Tis the season to be jolly! And eat your weight in food!
I’m in love with this healthier version of mince pies!!!
Definitely going to give them a go ready to leave out for santa
Mince Pie Cups:
• Juice the oranges and place in a saucepan.
• Chop the apple into little pieces and place in the saucepan with raisins, sultanas, cranberries, vanilla, 1/2 tsp of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
• Mix the almond flour with the coconut sugar, 1tsp of cinnamon, coconut oil and egg and combine until a dough forms.
• Turn oven on at 160C.
• Grease some cupcake tins with coconut oil ready to place the almond flour dough.
• Place a tbsp of dough into each cupcake mould and mould into a cup shape ready to place your mincemeat in the middle. Add 1 tbsp of mincemeat into each cup.
• With the left over dough, roll out and then cut out circles that are big enough to cover the top of the cups and place on top.
• Place in the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes
Thailands famous Full Moon party this month just happened to fall on Christmas Day. What a year to come travelling!
It will go down in the book as a memory I’ll remember for years to come. I’ll probably even tell my grandkids about it one day, and I hope they will get to experience one too.
It lived up to all my expectations, those of which were very high.
A long beach of thousands of party goers, a gleaming moon in the clear night sky, rows of stalls selling Thai buckets and UV hats and vest tops. UV face painting, night swimming, party music… Basically everything I love in life all in one place. One great big happy festival.
Every 1 & 10 days before the Full Moon, a Jungle Experience Festival takes place in Baan Nai Wok. Conveniently for us this happened to be Christmas Eve this year, so off we went, DEETed up.
Welcome to the jungle.. Time for fun and games
Open air jungle, fire breathers, a 3D stage that can be confused as the head of either a cat or dog (I’m still not sure) and a circle of bars serving the famous Thai buckets.
Let the fun begin..
There were still tropical downpours, Hense my beautifully fashionable Anorak in all the pictures, but hey that just added to the craziness.
Merry Christmas everybody!
Waking up to 30 degree heat in a beach resort by a pool really makes it hard for me to believe it’s Christmas!
Love from LwL x
All we’ve done in Koh Samui the past couple of days is witness Thailands tropical thunderstorms at its finest. Our second day consisted of table tennis and pool at our hotel, with the odd run out to get food. To be honest it was perfect as we was all hungover after our 6am Samui turn out the night before. Ark bar was a great shout, and Samuis Ko Sahn Road.
Here’s some pics of the night:
Yesterday we decided not to let the rain defeat us and went on a 12km walk down the East coast of Samui to find ‘Hinyai and Hintai'(Grandfather and Grandmother rock). Named as this,I assume, simply because one formation looks like a giant penis, and the other like a vagina.
I have to say after trekking for 2 hours the result was quite disppointing..
Merry Christmas Eve everyone
Happy Thanksgiving to all those over the pond!
I have decided to post 5 things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful for having the most amazing family I could ever ask for. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them. I come from such a grounded and loving home which I’ve realised as i get older, is not as common as I once thought. I am most thankful for this.
2. I am thankful to live in a country where women have a voice and a choice. The Suffragettes film released this year really bought this home for me!
3. I am thankful to have the freedom and opportunity to do things, like embark on the journey of a lifetime (on Monday ahh!)
4. I am thankful to wake up everyday happy and (almost) healthy.
5. I am thankful for knowing and meeting good, nice people. They give me the hope and appreciation of life in this world that I sometimes struggle to see in the daily news
What are you all thankful for?