Tis the season to be jolly! And eat your weight in food!
I’m in love with this healthier version of mince pies!!!
Definitely going to give them a go ready to leave out for santa
- 100g of raisins
- 100g of cranberries
- 100g of sultanas
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 oranges
- tsp of vanilla bean paste/extract
Mince Pie Cups:
- 250g of almond flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
• Juice the oranges and place in a saucepan.
• Chop the apple into little pieces and place in the saucepan with raisins, sultanas, cranberries, vanilla, 1/2 tsp of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
• Mix the almond flour with the coconut sugar, 1tsp of cinnamon, coconut oil and egg and combine until a dough forms.
• Turn oven on at 160C.
• Grease some cupcake tins with coconut oil ready to place the almond flour dough.
• Place a tbsp of dough into each cupcake mould and mould into a cup shape ready to place your mincemeat in the middle. Add 1 tbsp of mincemeat into each cup.
• With the left over dough, roll out and then cut out circles that are big enough to cover the top of the cups and place on top.
• Place in the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes