Did you know its National Cupcake week?
Yes a whole 7 days devoted to indulging on baking cups filled with assorted sponges and light heavenly creams.
Just because you may be living healthily it doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on all the fun! The key to successful Healthy living is indulging every once in a while, and learning to make happier, healthier choices as a whole while still enjoying life and food!
Here’s a great cupcake recipe that you don’t have to feel guilty about, made especially with our Juiceplus chocolate powder and lots of dessert amazingness in between.
(No Juiceplus, no problem..just switch it for cocoa powder)
Chocolate Mocha Cupcake Recipe
- 1/2 cup (42g) Juiceplus chocolate powder
- 3/4 cup (95g) of self-raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of natural honey
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
The Coffee fudge FROSTING
- 1 cup cashew or macadamia nuts (110g)
- 1/4 cup coffee powder (105g)
- very scant 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tsp pure maple syrup (10g)
Easy Peasy Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Make the cupcakes:Whisk the powders and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, honey, oil and vanilla together until completely smooth. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the almond milk. Gently whisk and then
- Stir until *just* combined; do not over mix. The batter will be a little thin.
- Pour/spoon the batter into the liners – fill only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides
5.Bake in batches for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Make the frosting:
Combine all ingredients together and whisk until creamy.
There are also many alterations you can make to mix it up a bit
Why not add some caramel extract to add a little sweetness?
Or if you’re not a fan of coffee, stick to just a simple vanilla frosting
Not a fan of chocolate? Use our Vanilla JP Powder!
Or try Mint extract, the options are endless!
For mini cupcakes: For around 36 mini cupcakes, line mini cupcake pans with liners or spray with nonstick spray. Prepare cupcakes and frosting as directed. Bake mini cupcakes for 12-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Can’t wait to get my baking hat on Sunday..Ready, steady, cake.