Hi guys, this is my first beauty post in the new category on my site. How exciting!
All feedback, comments and advice are welcome as I’m super new to this area. If there is something you want added, let me know and I’ll do my best to provide some material.
Ok so as you’ve probably seen from many of my pics, I have an ongoing problem with terrible dark circles and eye bags. I constantly look tired, miserable, and about 20 years older than I am. Its really depressing.
I have therefore done some research into the cause of this popular issue amongst us women, including A star celebrities, and with my new found knowledge, I’m taking action and testing some DIY remedies.Without having to risk hundreds of pounds on creams that may or may not work. It’s time to affordably blitz the bags!
So here’s what I learnt and some tips that I’ve incorporated into my daily routine.
Dark circles and puffiness can be caused by a number of different things, not just the obvious ‘lack of sleep’. The eye area has super thin skin and is really sensitive, making it prone to exposing blood vessels a lot more clearly than any other part of the body.
- It’s so important to protect it from the sun, so always wear sunscreen (even in winter)
- Keep the skin moisturised to avoid wrinkling.
- Avoid dragging the skin too, this is common when you use rough make up wipes around the eyes. I now use miscellar water instead.
Did you know that dark circles can be because of your genetics? What a liberty. I love my mum bless her, but I seem to inherit everything bad from her. My older sister got her clear skin and tiny legs and you know what I got? Varicose veins, wide feet and now dark circles too? Give me a break already.
Other causes of dark circles include:
- Tiredness: the most obvious one. Those party years and weekly all nighters have really come back to haunt me. I also can’t remember the last time I had an uninterrupted night sleep
- Age: I like to think this isn’t my cause. I’m only 23!
Puffy eyes are caused by fluid retention.
The main causes of puffy eyes are:
- crying before bed: It’s best to avoid those late night soppy movies.
- High salt intake: Put the popcorn down.
- The way you sleep: Wierd aye? Apparently sleeping on your side or stomach causes the particular eye to gather extra water, resulting in puffiness the following morning.
- Rubbing your eyes a lot, including taking off your make up: we’re all guilty of it! Use a sensitive eye make up remover and never drag your skin!
So in addition to these new found tips, I am going to try 3 remedies that I have found online that claim to banish dark circles and puffiness. These will be tried and tested and best of all I’m going to documen how well they work, using myself as the subject, if they work at all that is.
As I’m very limited to things, being travel and all, I am going to try the easiest remedy I have found first.
The coconut oil method.
Watch this space!